When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is usually near the top of many people’s wish lists in Ottawa. A tankless water heater is a great option for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which could save you a lot on energy bills. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use at a later time, you won’t be paying for standby energy losses like you may have to with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are compact in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element is going to heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you then have hot water. One caveat about tankless water heaters—specifically for bigger homes—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to take on numerous uses at once. One of our specialists will help you figure out what your flow rate is and offer recommendations based on their analysis.
Some people choose to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, a lot of houses in the Ottawa area do very well with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the perks of getting one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifecycle of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifespan of a traditional tank heater.
- Most tankless units come with a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters hardly ever run out of hot water.
- You get better energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient with no standby heat loss and only use the power needed to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be hung on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be put in under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the probability of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Francis Home Environment Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater installed in your Ottawa home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We have quality tankless hot water heater choices, expertise and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs, 24/7/365. Give our team a call at 613-317-2303
or request an appointment with us online.