If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances hooked up to the gas line, such as gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- Residents of the home experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you have any of these signs and are concerned they could be related to a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.
There are cases where the utility company will fix a gas leak, but in most instances the homeowner is responsible. Luck for you, the experts at Francis Home Environment Service Experts are fully trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done correctly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a number of things to do around the house that homeowners choose to take on by themselves, gas line repair needs to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Ottawa codes.
From putting in gas lines for a new stove or oven to fixing gas lines for a heater in your garage, Francis Home Environment Service Experts’s expertise have allowed us to handle a host of gas line projects in the Ottawa community, so no job is too big or too small for our team.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As stated before, the first thing you need to do if you are nervous about a gas leak is evacuate your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are headed your way, reach out to your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have confirmed there is no danger, call Francis Home Environment Service Experts to arrange a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, ought to be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 immediately if you’re ever worried about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide does not have an odor and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends these steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
- Invest in and use an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a well-versed professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and repair any leaks immediately.
For more tips on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, look at our blog.